Unique O’Vineyards Experience, Rare Personal Service:
We started in 2005 with the intention of creating a wine experience that we often looked for and would like to experience ourselves. Our love for food and wine is something we felt many people love to share.
Located in Carcassonne, O’Vineyards is an easy week-end get away from the UK and many other European locations.
Meeting so many enthusiastic foodies and wine lovers, we now know we had the right idea. We are proud to have received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. We strive to offer our customers a memorable experience.
Free O’Vineyards wines :
Make your own personal Gift Package for any occasion. Get £50 O’Vineyards wines free, delivered to your door, when you spend £300 or more.
Offer an O’Vineyards Experience for as little as £22
- Two hour Winery Visit & Wine tasting with hot hors d’oeuvres: £22 per person
- Four hour Visit & Wine tasting with Lunch, wine included: £42 per person
- A day of Winemaking and Cooking workshops with Joe and Liz, including a five course dinner and lots of wines: £80 per person
- A luxurious double room with large bed and views on the vines, full breakfast for two, all taxes included £125 per night
Continuing testimonies from our visitors:
Posted by Anthony and Sarah Nolan on TripAdvisor:
“I’m still smiling and cannot wait to go back!”
It was Wednesday… I think! My wife and I popped by to see if we could have a simple tasting & tour. We were on our honeymoon and are novices when it comes to wine, so as you can imagine a little apprehensive about being judged on what we liked and disliked. Then we met Joe, the winemaker! And as is his manner, he and his wife Liz made us feel so welcomed that we decided to come and stay on the Sunday.
Firstly, the wine… exceptional. The range was extensive enough to meet both the needs of my wife and myself. They’re grown with love and as organically as you can. I’ve fallen for the 2010 Stranger, Stranger and my wife loves the 2005 O’Syrah. Do try the others there’s many a good one.
Secondly, the accomodation was outstanding and better value for money than staying in Carcassonne.
Thirdly, the food. Liz, you are a genius. You ability to cater for vegetarians is exceptional. The best by a country mile. And I loved the duck and foi gras. I also like Joe’s scrambled eggs.
Number 4 on the list – Muse… I miss you. (it’s their dog!)
At number 5, you introduced Sarah & I to great people like Terri and Michelle from the States and Chris and Vicki from Wetherby, UK.
Finally, it’s about the people. Joe, Liz and Muse. They make you feel so welcome and…. they make wine!
Many thanks for making our honeymoon so special and memorable.”-Anthony & Sarah Nolan- Visited May 2012
Another Dinning Experience at O’Vineyards with Liz’s Orange Honey Duck.
Bon Appetit! Happy Holidays !
This preparation serves four. Follow the photos for each step:
1 & 2 . Orange Honey sauce: Mix the juice of 1 orange with 1 table spoon of honey and 1 coffee spoon of maizena. cook until ot. burner at medium temperature.
Steam cook two medium size potatoes 15 minutes and two carrots 10 minutes. slice carrot, potato, 1 celeri branch, half of a leek. Peel 4 shallots.
3. Two duck breasts
4. Cook the duck in it’s grease, at Medium High temperature for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden (longer if you like the duck less “rosé”). add to fry cook in the same pan the shallot, sliced potato and carrot. then celeri and leek. (shallot, celeri and leek are not pre-cooked…they only need few minutes to be ready).
Slice the duck . Pour the Orange Honey sauce over each slice. Two ways to dress up this orange honey dish:
5. Decorated with orange slices for smaller appetite…
6. with more duck for a larger serving 🙂