I am finally back in the comfort of my own winery after a long and wonderful trip to Paris and Vienna. The European Wine Bloggers’ Conference was an absolute blast. The word for the week was overwhelming. Lots of wine, lots of learning, lots of laughing, lots of beauty. Everything was just wonderful.
I guess we should break this up into multiple posts because the trip was sooo varied and momentous.
Alright, an ongoing series on the EWBC 2010 in Vienna and the surrounding Austrian wine country. As the series goes on, I’ll update this post to be a sort of index or table of contents for the EWBC posts, photos and links.
Keynotes and Tastings that virtually everybody did:
- Elin McCoy on Ivory Tower Wine Journalism
- Response to Elin’s keynote from David Schildknecht
- Elin’s thoughts on these posts – coming soon.
- Evan Schnittman on Digital Publishing
- tutored tasting of Austrian Wines with Naked Wines & tutored tasting of Wines of Chile.
The mini-conferences and workshops:
- Online Wine Commerce (this post is sort of goofy)
- Freedom, Rights and Responsibilities
The press trips and parties:
- A visit to Iby with video of the winemaker
- Parties, Photos, and Michael Cox showing how the wines of Chile get down
Other pertinent, less insane articles about the EWBC:
- Mr. Payton goes to Washington.. err .. Parliament in Vien. This is a really ingenious piece where Ken Payton visits the Austrian parliament without an appointment (or any idea of who he even wants to talk to) and asks if anybody can help him learn about Austrian wine law. I wish I had ideas like this.
- Jim Budd – On the EWBC keynotes – Comparing Elin McCoy’s views to Robert Parker’s – “the art of lunch in Vienna” or “More than you wanted to know about Jim’s Schnitzel”
- Gottfried from Herrenhoff’s illicit guerrilla tasting video
- MyGrapeEscape talks about back labels and Oscar’s Wine
- Andre from Adegga has a pretty complete recap of his EWBC trip and video of harvesting in the Weinviertel! The bloggers actually got to pick some grapes.
- Jamie Goode skips EWBC to hang out with his kids. LIKE THEY MATTER?
- Arnold Waldstein’s recap and tasting notes and recommendations
- Bibendum Times talks about harvesting in the Weinviertel
- Wayne Young’s winemaker blog at Bastianich Wines overview of EWBC
- WineTrekker’s recap
- Schiller’s recap
- VenderVino’s recap
- The official Austrian Wine recap
- Catavino’s European Wine Bloggers’ Conference index
- Harpers notices bloggers
- SFGate republishes the EWBC press release
- The Wine Hub’s recap with a great list of resources at the bottom
- Brand Action Team on the Generic Promotion panel and EWBC on the whole
Other languages posting about EWBC
- TweetAWine brings the French recap (in French)
- Magnus on the EWBC (presumably in Swedish?)
- The Burgenand and the “other” Austria (in Greek)
- Burgenland Iby Winery Visit and general recap (in Dutch)
- EWBC Recap (in Dutch)
- EWBC Recap By The Grape (in Dutch) Another one?
- Tasting Notes (in Hungarian)
- Thomas Lippert from Winzerblog sings praises of EWBC und mein vein und Undiscovered Gems (in German)
- Bernhard Fiedlers keeps his thoughts to himself (in German)
- Wine Check’s recap (in German)
- Falstaff Magazine’s recap (in German)
- VinoPigro’s recap part 1 – part 2 (in Italian)
- Aristide’s recap (in Italian)
- Franco Ziliani is happy that EWBC goes to Franciacorta in 2011 (in Italian)
- Sommelier.it brags about the EWBC 2011 location (in Italian)
Other resources and indeces:
- Flickr Photo Group
- Adegga’s list of wines tasted during the conference proper – Although this list is very very long, it is not exhaustive. We must have cumulatively tasted over 1,000 wines in the five days.
- Austrian Wine’s favorite tweets
- Julia Sevenich’s complete list of organic Austrian wines and her ongoing series the Austrian Wine Adventure Tour visits lots of the same wine regions we did on our EWBC press trips (although it doesn’t strictly fall into the timeframe of the conference)
- Naked Wines imports the bloggers’ choice!