As always we are available to personally answer your emails and phone calls. However we have just added a shopping cart for your convenience.
A Perfect Gift for wine enthusiasts:
BUY NOW and save 10% on all purchase over €100.
O’Vineyards offers an array of Food & Wine Experiences. Click to read the TripAdvisor travelers reviews about our Wine, Food and Lodging.
Last minute Holiday Gift idea, no need to look further than a Unique O’Vineyards Experience! Ideal gift for wine and food lovers!
An experience you can trust.
We are proud to be one of the highest rated attractions in Carcassonne.
We are also proud to have received a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award.
Visitors comments: Follow the comments of our 2012 visitors on a daily basis over the next 30 days.
- ” Hi Liz, Thank you and Joe for the wonderful experience. I’m the trip planner and Rob said to me during the lunch “you’ve out done yourself.” But all I did was find O’Vineyards on the internet and read about others experience with you.We’ve visited many wineries in Canada, the US, all over Italy and on our first trip to France (Bordeaux 3 years ago). Listening to Joe was fascinating—with his perspectives on wine making and the business. Lunch was so totally unexpected. Not only the dishes you prepared, but the company assembled. We felt like welcomed guests!…”-Deb Wheeler Brown-
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to design the Unique Experience Gift you want to offer.
Own a VineShare, craft and blend your own wine. become a winemaker:
The following comments are from the Naked 100, 100 nakedwines.com Angels, VineShare owners with a private O’Vineyards label.
- ” Well worth the long drive from the UK. We stopped overnight to collect our Naked 100 Wine. Outstanding Food, superb Wine, and excellent Accommodation. Muse is a wonderful hostesses, and Joe and Liz are very good company. The wine tour was very interesting and we look forward to addressing this year’s vintage when it becomes available. We will be back.” -Colin Jenkins-
- ” Our visit to Liz and Joe consisted of three generations of one family with an age range of 9 to 83. We were pleased to arrive after a long day in the car, and the warm welcome we received from our hosts was very welcome, as was a glass of fabulous wine as we came in through the door. Our bedrooms were beautiful, spacious, gracefully decorated and with fantastic views over the vineyards. The bathrooms also were very nice indeed, again spacious and very well appointed. Supper was a wonderful fusion of Asian and French, all served by the lovely Ombre, and enjoyed by all, even Grandma. Our super picky daughter at least tried the dishes on offer with Liz’s persuasion. Joe was a generous wine host and we chatted and ate and tried a variety of wines during the evening, perfect! In the morning our daughter ‘helped’ in the kitchen and cooked almond biscuits and chocolate croissants under Lliz’s expert guidance, she felt very proud of herself indeed. We had a day spent exploring Carcassonne, and then shared more wine and appetisers with Liz and Joe on our second night.
We had a wonderful couple of days, Liz and Joe are knowledgable and great company. Their passion for the vineyard is infectious, and there is really something very special about drinking wine in the place it was grown, harvested and bottled, and going to sleep listening to the wind rustling the vine leaves outside your window! We will return!” -Kate Issacs-
- ” Many thanks for last night’s visit, and you’re generosity with the barrel, already beautifully filling the role of ‘Bar’ in the poolhouse” -Tom Dickson-
Stag Do. Hen Do:
- “A huge thank you for entertaining us on Saturday evening. The evening and afternoon was thoroughly enjoyed my all, and everyone was talking about it yesterday. I heard from Peter, that we drank an average of 1.9 bottles per person? Sorry about this but I blame Fays dad who I think had about 3 bottles! As you can see from the photo, all the wine made it made in one piece and now has been added to our collection. We are going to have the reserve on the top table and then hand out the rest as wedding favours on the day to guests…Thank you again so much, for the wine, the food (inc the potatoes) for hosting us, and for making the stag very happy. Already looking forward to returning with Fay…”-Michael Storie-
- ” My husband to be and I will be passing through the Carcassone area on our honeymoon trip from Montpellier to Toulouse on November 6th 2012. We are putting together a wedding registry and would like to include one of your packages! We are both from Montreal, Canada. We had originally considered your lunch winery tour but figured that since we will be primarily staying in city centres throughout our trip, that it would be nice to have a calmer vineyard interlude…We are interested in a tour of the winery, a nice dinner and room overnight, as well as the ability to try out your wines! Can you recommend a package that includes all of these things and please let me know the cost so that we can include it on our registry page”- Christine La Fontaine-
- ” We could not have had a better experience on our brief stopover at O’Vineyards, while travelling between Montpellier and Toulouse on our honeymoon.We had the pleasure of taking the tour with Joe, which was quite informative and set the stage perfectly for the upcoming evening meal. The food was delicious (and plentiful!) and the rooms were impeccably clean – with a delightful view! Muse added a nice touch to the overall setting and we quite enjoyed meeting Dave and Val, friends from the neighbourhood. Liz and Joe clearly enjoy their work at O’Vineyards and their passion for good wine and food is made obvious through their offering – they make you feel more like a visiting friend than a paying customer – a nice change from the norm. I highly recommend this establishment and will be returning with friends and family without hesitation!”- Christine La Fontaine-
Things to Do:
O’Vineyards Gift Cards feature a wide range of Things to do: Special visits, succulent meals… And lots of wine. Unique vineyard experiences. Rare personal attention. Price and Description here.
- “Hi Joe and Liz! Just wanted to thank you again for such an AMAZING visit to the vineyard last month. It was the best part of our vacation. We have recommended it to EVERYONE! And the wine we took back to Greenfield, MA with us lasted just two days .. everyone LOVED it. Again, thanks so much for such an amazing experience. It was like spending the day with friends …” -Ben and Alyssa-
Dining : with Winemaker Joe and Chef Liz.
- “I wanted to make sure we sent a big thank you for the lovely day and for the wines, along with the drip stops! It was great to have them waiting for us when we returned from vacances. Amy and Caitlin are both still talking about you and what fun they had.” Wendy Dunn
- “We were so O’verwhelmed with your hospitality that we thought a special thank you was called for….The weather during our stay was O’dious but, O’ well, it didn’t bother us. The outstanding food, wine and hospitality more than made up for it. Those wonderful meals…O’ la la!We were truly O’ver the moon and give O’vineyards a standing O’vation. Brav’O’! And thank you for a most enjoyable stay”. -John and Ros Edwards-
Carcassonne and the surrounding area are very popular travel destinations because of the charm, character and history of the region. Rather than staying at a cookie-cutter hotel when you visit Carcassonne, consider taking advantage of some of the incredibly unique accommodations available in the area.
Obviously if you’re looking for holiday accommodation on a vineyard, I highly recommend visiting me at O’Vineyards! But vineyards aren’t the only cool place to stay while you’re in Carcassonne.
You can spend a night floating down the Canal du Midi. Or sleep inside a medieval castle! Gypsy caravans? Vintage Airstream trailers? If you want to go further afield in the Languedoc Roussillon, you can find… Country yurts? Treehouses? Glam Camping?
With all of these options, you don’t have to have to stick to traditional lodging accommodations.
Here’s a list of just a few unusual options available around Carcassonne.
O’Vineyards B&B Carcassonne
885 Ave de la Montagne Noire
33 (0)4 68 10 89 18
In the Castle
5 Rue Raymond Roger Trencavel
La Cite 11000 Carcassonne
33 (0)4 68 25 33 40
On the Canal du Midi
28 rue du Canal
33 (0)6 16 46 28 67
Les Roulottes Du Lauragais
1, rue de la République
33 (0)4 68 60 56 64
This is a list of accommodations on the Canal du Midi and Canal du Rhone. These are bed & breakfasts, gites or other lodging alternatives that let you sleep on a boat that cruises down some of France’s grooviest canals.
Obviously, I’d like to see you stay at O’Vineyards Bed & Breakfast which is a few kilometers from the Pont Rouge stop of the Canal du Midi. But staying at a vineyard isn’t quite the same as staying on a boat. So here’s a list for the fluvial accommodation lovers out there:
Canal du Midi
France is renowned for having a diverse landscape, and the department of Aude is particularly rich and varied. One of the few landmarks that manages to unite this vast area is the Canal du Midi or Canal des Mers that connects the Mediterranean coast to Toulouse (and thus allows ships to pass from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean without circumnavigating the Iberian peninsula).
28 rue du Canal.
06 16 46 28 67
Ecluse de l’Eveque
06 82 09 98 75
La Baïsa – Gite fluviale
06 07 88 18 30
écluse de la méditerranée
11400 LE MAS SAINTES PUELLES
06.86.95.71.36 (de préférence entre 18 et 21h)
Le Canal du Rhone
Rue de l’Écluse
06 25 24 85 00
Port de plaisance
06 10 69 59 81
This is a list of Cabardes vineyards that provide bed & breakfast services or other lodging options north of Carcassonne.
Of course, if you want to stay at a vineyard, I strongly recommend staying at O’Vineyards Bed & Breakfast.
But this post includes all the options for staying with winemakers in the Cabardes.
Why stay in Cabardes?
The Cabardes is a gorgeous region of France that is very close to the historic medieval castle of Carcassonne. Proximity to the Cité makes the Cabardes a perfect vacation area because it means you can visit the Cité de Carcassonne, the Canal du Midi, and benefit from all the amenities of Carcassonne. There’s a train station and an International airport (almost exclusively RyanAir flights though). You’re less than hour’s drive from the Mediterranean coast, about an hour from Toulouse, about an hour and a half from Montpellier, and a couple of hours from the Pyrenees.
I should also mention you’ll be surrounded by delicious wine!! 🙂
The Cabardes AOC is small, dominated by independent wine producers, and features a unique blend of Mediterranean and Atlantic grape varietals.
Vineyard B&B, gites, and other lodging
O’Vineyards Bed & Breakfast – Villemoustaussou
4 elegantly furnished B&B rooms with direct view on the vines. You’ll be sharing the building with us, a Franco-American family with a small vineyard and winery just north of Carcassonne. We’re very happy to host, and we have a full range of high end red wines.
Ventaillole, Ventenac Cabardes
B&B on an organic vineyard in Ventenac Cabardes.
Domaine des Homs
Technically, this is in the Minervois but I thought I’d mention it since the winemakers also produce some Cabardes and these two appellations are close neighbors that share the south-facing slope of the Montagne Noire. This is a gorgeous house in the center of their Minervois property and the adjacent photo shows how the vines creep across the front of the property.
Auzias – Pennautier
A gite with view on the winery. Red, white and rose wines.
Cazaban Gites – Conques sur Orbiel / Villegailhenc
4 gites located on a small organic vineyard. Red and rose wines.
Rayssac used to have gites, but I don’t know if the new owner maintains them anymore. The website has changed significantly recently so watch this space.
Chateau Pennautier properties – Pennautier
The de Lorgerils have a lot of different properties and gite offers.